Supper Club & Secret Dining

Next Event Dates
:

Friday 3rd, Saturday 4th & Friday 17th July: The Great American Chow Down at The House of Vans

We are also available to provide a unique catering experience for your private parties

Subscribe to our mailing list


Saturday, September 28, 2013

a late September flourish

Most people are cursing the change in seasons, the hints of rain and the lack of sunshine. Pah I say, I think this is an awesome time of year, check out the trees and fields and everything thats changing and deeepening in colour. There's still berries clinging to branches, mushrooms are popping up, scarves are being dug out and, you may hate me for saying this, but christmas is coming which for me is brilliant. I absolutely love this period, not for religion or the coca cola santa, but what it means In Britain and the way we naturally move from light, leafy salads to earthy veg and onto hearty "Winter warmer' foods. We indulge in warmer drinks, gluhwein and mulled cider, spiced hot chocolate with rum. The movement from Halloween to Bonfire night to Christmas is still filled with outdoor adventures, all be it with more clothes on. But we've had an amazing Summer and Autumn is already feeling pretty sweet (apples and blackberries grow nearby!) and my Winter menu planning is getting me proper excited about whats to come!!

So put on a sweater, dig out your favourite scarf n boots, and get ready for the hibernation period which is often when so much comes to life.

Below are some recent photos from our events, still lovin it everyday!! ix

Dehydrated carrots with spiced milk foam


Local charcuterie from my mate Hugo's BlackHand Foods

Nduja, pickled apples, chicory, sweet peppers and sorrel


Rye breads, browned butter, honeycomb, bee pollen, oh and mead!

Deconstructed Knickerbocker Glory

BBQ action, smokin


She definitely needs a lick of paint. I still love her dearly though 


My version of a tamale using chard

Should of kept it a little further from the flame, but damn it tasted good!


Pisco Fuego event for PWC







Happy peeps I reckon!!



No comments:

Post a Comment